Visas and Customs
Visitors to Malaysia must be in possession of a valid passport or travel document with a minimum validity of six months beyond the period of stay. Most nationalities do not require visas for social or business visits within certain period.
For those member states which require a visa, applications should be submitted to the nearest Malaysian overseas mission with the following documentation:
- Visa application form with three (3) passport-sized photographs (link to the online form)
- National passport with remaining minimum validity period of six (6) months
- Letter of introduction or invitation letter
|Visa required for any purpose of visit||Visa required for visit exceeding 14 days||Visa required for visit exceeding 1 month||No Visa required for social visit within a duration of 3 months||No Visa required for any purpose of visit|
|Afghanistan (Visa with reference), Angola, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, China, Colombia Comoros, Congo Democratic Republic, Congo Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Hong Kong, India, Liberia, Mali, Myanmar, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Montenegro, Sri Lanka, Taiwan (if stay is beyond 15 days), United Nations (Laissez Passer), Western Sahara||Iran, Iraq, Libya, Macao, Portugal, Palestine, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Yemen, Syria||Armenia, Azerbaijan, Barbados, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Chad, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Gabon, Georgia, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea Republic, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong SAR, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macao SAR, Macedonia, Madagascar, Moldova, Mauritania, Mexico, Monaco, Mongolia, Nicaragua, North Korea, North Yemen, Panama, Paraguay, Portugal, Russia, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Slovenia, Sudan, Surinam, Tajikistan, Togo, Ukraine, Upper Volta, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Venezuela, Zaire, Zimbabwe||Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyz Republic, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, St Marino, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, S. Korea, Spain, Sweden, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Yemen||All Commonwealth nationals Except: Bangladesh, Cameroon, Ghana, India, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka|
- No visa is required for visit duration of within one month for nationals of all ASEAN countries except Myanmar. For a stay exceeding one month a visa will be required, except for nationals of Brunei and Singapore.
- No visa is required for citizens of the United States of America visiting Malaysia for social, business or academic purposes (except for employment).
- For nationals of Israel, visas are required and permission must be granted from Ministry Of Home Affairs, Malaysia.
- Nationals of countries other than those stated above (with the exception of Israel) are allowed to enter Malaysia without a visa for visit duration of within one month.
The Royal Malaysian Customs of Malaysia is committed to providing the best professional services which will ensure delegates feel welcomed upon arrival as well as when departing from Malaysia.
Current guidelines published by the Royal Malaysian Customs can be viewed by selecting the following links:
Alternatively, information on customs regulations can be obtained from the nearest Malaysian High Commission/Embassy or Consulate.