If an organization wants to hold a convention in Sarawak, what types of incentives and support will be provided by the Bureau?
At Sarawak Convention Bureau (SCB), we understand that bidding and organising events and conferences take a lot of time and resources. The benefits of these efforts provide great contribution to your organisation and the economy of Sarawak and Malaysia.
When you bid to host an event in Sarawak, we support you throughout the entire process as bidding for and winning events and conferences can be a complex undertaking. Along with our bidding partners, Sarawak Convention Bureau (SCB) manages the bid process from start to finish, overseeing everything from strategy to relationships and communications.
What’s In It?
- How to create bid documents with a zing for your target audience.
- Getting letters of endorsement from the relevant VIPs, leaders and high-flying professionals.
- Preparing well-researched background literature for convention guests.
- Soliciting financial support (up to RM5,000) for marketing and promoting.
- Seeking in-kind support for bid presentations.
- Organising site inspections for national or international decision-makers.
… is dependent on how well an event draws economic, social and trade benefits; as well as publicity to Sarawak. Talk to us to find out more.
To be eligible to apply,:
- Organisations must be registered as non-profit organisations; or Companies limited by guarantee; and the conventions bid for must attract delegates from outside Sarawak.