Since the beginning of the Meetings, Incentives, Conference, Exhibitions (MICE), also known as Business Events (BE) profession in the State, Sarawak Convention Bureau (SCB) has been pivotal in facilitating the organisation, development and marketing of conventions, conferences and corporate events in Sarawak. We are a “one-stop-shop” for independent information, advice and all aspects of the international convention bidding process.
SCB’s Core Objectives:
- To firmly position Sarawak as an International Business Events destination to key international business influencers in Australia, Kuala Lumpur and region, and Singapore. In so doing, secure one (or more) of the following events for Sarawak so as to enhance branding through related publicity:-
- A core monetary event, and/or
- A core UN event, and/or
- A core UNESCO event.
- In a particularly challenging environment; to maintain SCB’s bid-win rate with a focus on high-yielding events;
- To maintain Sarawak’s Brand as a Business Events Destination in Sarawak (aggressively). And less aggressively; Europe, USA and China;
- To begin the enhancement of SCB’s Outreach and Education Program so as to encourage excellence within the BE suppliers of Sarawak, and importantly – repeat and referred business.
History, Vision and Mission
Established in 2006, SCB is the brain-child of the Sarawak State Government and is a non-profit organisation whose goal is to bring Sarawak to the forefront of international meetings.
“Sarawak style conferences are sought after by the world’s meeting planners as they deliver strong business outcomes and a delightful experience for their delegates.”
“To create a thriving and sustainable meetings industry in Sarawak”.
The Bureau’s aim is;
- To see Sarawak become an internationally recognised and competitive destination for meetings, with
- A strong well educated supplier base and developing network of local hosts.